April 02, 2008

Why I keep safety talk to the minimum?

I wrote a long post here on this subject but wanted to put a summary of it in this section as I am currently working on some posts that will have the safety police up in open arms.

Why I keep all safety and risk talk to the minimum in my blog is for three reasons:

1) Hypocrisy: Most talking about safety are not really talking about safety. They are using a very important subject as a tool to indulge in the cool factor. The classic “They are doing something I will not do. I now have to trash this thing in order to make me feel cooler then the people who are doing the thing I will not.”

It is the classic hypocrisy people commit everyday. It is the person going I would never do this for health reasons then proceed to get on their motorcycle to go two blocks to McDonalds to have their daily Big Mac and large fries after they finish smoking their twentieth cigarette of the day.

2) Lowest Common Denominator: Most and I do mean most people in this life but really in general when talking about things talk down to people like they are total morons. Sure they might not write that way to the active reader but everything about other people comes off as if they were dumb, ignorant and not capable of common sense.

I refuse to do this as I find it very disrespectful. I write assuming the person reading and the people I may write about have basic intelligence, common sense and look before they leap. I assume the extreme minority of people with issues are not reading anything to filter or will not learn anything anyway.

3) I refuse to write based on worse case scenarios being the norm: I find it pathetic that anytime a topic is mentioned by people in whatever medium that worse case scenarios often based on the theory most people are morons but me frames the discussion. I refuse to do that.

It is the year 2008, people know to use condoms. A new dominant knows not to hang his bottom to the rafters and use a cane severely the first time he tops.

There are risks in pretty much everything we do in life. Many things too many people do not think about the consequences of actions. If anything the kinks done in this life get more safety thoughts then many everyday type things that are inherently more risky.

We all take risks. Just what risks we take are an individual choice. What we all need to do is on the risks we do take to think about what we can do to minimalize those risks. I choose this honest and respectful way when I write. I will leave the people who choose to use safety for self promotion and to promote their coolness and superiority to others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.