April 10, 2008

Difference from humiliation and degradation play?

I do not think any one can give a distinction that everyone would agree with and falls more into the individual. I really never really made a distinction personally but I read a definition about a year ago I will share as it was a nice clear distinction through my own personal eyes.

Humiliation play is more about suffering embarrassment in some way and degradation play is more about being devalued in some way. For a shout out to the safety police notice the word play and not made to feel permanently.

Of course the feeling of embarrassment or feeling devalued is strictly a personal reaction. For example being made to expose yourself in some way might be humiliating to someone normally but an exhibitionist probably not so much.

Degradation play is not for many or most from my experience and reading from others on the topic. Personally I love it. For those who do not get it, remember I love my Master and would not be with him if I did not believe he loved me and cared about me. When he engages in this type of play it is not any more serious in my mental thought of him or myself then any other type of play or orders.

No comments: