March 15, 2008

My definition on the Sub vs Slave

But despite the stupidity of trying to make some generalized definition between a submissive and a slave are you stupid enough to share your definition?

Why yes I am stupid enough! Actually I only write this because it can help people in terms of how my brain works and might get a better understanding of my point of view.

There are two distinct aspects that separate a sub from a slave, level of power and where our main motivations are.

To me a submissive is a person who would find it easier to list the things they have given power over to then not and a slave would find it easier to list the things not given over than what they did.

But to me the far biggest difference can be found in the motivations. For someone like me a slave the more I care for someone the more I want to please them. I do not want but have to put their desires and needs above my own. This does not mean ignore or try to pretend I do not have other needs and desires other then my owner’s but for me to be happy and content I want his to be met before I worry about my own. I do not do things from the mundane to the really out there kink because they give me direct physical pleasure by doing them. They give me pleasure from seeing them give my Master pleasure and for me to show my love and devotion to my owner by embracing the suffering.

A submissive to me does things primarily out of direct enjoyment. Whether mundane or kink if they have given power over in an area it is probably because they enjoy it in some specific manner. Let’s say if they let their Dominant choose what they wear. A submissive probably enjoy not making the decision while a slave enjoys knowing what she will be wearing will please her Master.

A submissive is more often then not going to base limits on if they get something out of it or not. A slave is almost always going to base limits on if they can handle something safely, mentally, or not with no concern with direct feelings of pleasure or pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your view, it is better than the typical sub is willing slave is not most people subscribe to.